Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sleepless to Sleep-ish

So if you read my last post then you know I have an 8 month old who hates sleep all of a sudden.  For the past 4-5 months sleep as been her friend all night and several times during the day until recently.  I gave the "Wake to Sleep" method a shot and it did work.  However I figured since it worked so well for two nights in a row lets see if she can go back to sleeping through the night like before.  HUGE mistake as she woke up at 4a one night and last night at 2a, so tonight we will go back to the wake to sleep and hope for the best.  I suspect she's tired and frustrated as much as I am because she seems to be fighting me all the time now when it comes to sleep unless she's in the car.  Tonight we did the CIO method and she held up for about 30-40 minutes before she caved and went to sleep - whew!  I wish I knew what set this in motion and how to undo it but I don't.  With that said I'm on a mission to correct it soon as we're taking a vacation come July and I'd rather she not wake the entire family (meeting the inlaws there as well as my parents) while there.

This is baby C's daily schedule when normal

6:30-7a Wakeup
8a - Breakfast
10a - nap (40min - 1hr)
12p - lunch
1p nap (up to 4:30 but length varies)
Bottle after waking
5p - Bath if it's a bath night
6:30p - Dinner
7:30p retire to her room to read
8p sleep

And yes she's getting bottles between meals.

We're getting ready to add teeth brushing into the routine and I'm hoping that won't be a pain in the @$$.  But that schedule has worked for months for her and all of a sudden it's not working.  So what do you have? A zombie mom and dad and a very happy but tired at the same time baby.  Yesterday she crashed at about 6p and we thought she was down for the night, it's not the first time that would've happened well an hour and a half later she woke up like nothing had even happened.  You can only imagine how sad I was.

 <<<<What a tired momma looks like
<<<<The 6p crash that didn't last


I'm going to give the wake to sleep method a few more days if that doesn't work I'm going to start waking her earlier and putting her down earlier.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment