Thursday, May 29, 2014

I'm Not Eating That

So last we spoke we were working on restoring her sleep pattern and this about sums it up; CIO (cry it out), wake & sleep (check previous post) and dream feeds.  I think this was a good experience because I grew so tired and frustrated I just let her be to cry it out and as a result when she wakes up in the middle of the night (if she does) she no longer cries she just babbles a bit and then goes back to sleep.  So I'd call this a win!

With that being said we now have a case of food refusal.  She's been eating solids since she was 6 months and all of a sudden this week she's decided she's not going to eat, not even the things she loves.  I've tried every thing and every combination and she might eat one meal a day and sometimes it takes trickery just to get her to eat it, again I'm frustrated and tired.  I'm not sure what to do with this, a part of me feels like I should wait it out another part of me feels like I should ask her doctor  and the last part of me isn't sure which way to go with any of it.  She's due for her 9 month check up next week so if this continues I will definitely ask but I wish this wasn't so complicated but don't we all wish babies weren't complicated?

We're going to try a mixture that she generally loves and will eat it for days which is a puree of turkey, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower I pray it goes well.   I plan to start doing more BLW (baby led weaning) in the weeks to come.  I will definitely document what works and what didn't work to share with you all and hopefully I meet success somewhere along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment